Military career day set at Safeco Field
August 31, 2012 · 2:27 PM
Recruiters from major Pacific Northwest corporations will assemble at Safeco Field on Sept. 7 for an all-day military career day and a Seattle Mariner’s game. More than one thousand job-seeking members of the military are expected to attend.
Hosted by the non-profit Hire America’s Heroes, the bi-annual career day features companies from a wide range of industry sectors including environmental services, financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, retail and others. Representatives from exhibiting corporations, many of whom are military veterans, will serve as onsite career coaches.
The following list provides a few of the resources available at the event:
· Career coaching with resume review and transition advice
· Futures Inc. will use its candidate matching technology to cross-reference exhibitors with job seekers
· New this year: Afternoon career mixer, a networking event
· Paul Anderson, Seattle Times career columnist and founder of ProLango (http://www.prolango.com) to provide training on the art of networking for a corporate job
· Accenture to host “Skills to Succeed” workshops offering guidance in corporate hiring practices and resume building; coaching pre-registered job seekers through videotaped practice interviews
At the close of the event, participants, family members, co-workers and friends are invited to the 7:10 p.m. baseball game between the Seattle Mariners and Oakland Athletics. The opening pitch will be thrown by a Wounded Warrior, and caught by a corporate executive from one of Hire America’s Heroes sponsoring companies.