A festive, ribbon-cutting celebration and self-guided tour will mark the grand opening of the new Bellevue Library ideaX Makerspace onSaturday, April 14. Bellevue Library patrons will encounter a beautiful, new library space to experience ideaX Makerspace to learn new skills, whether it’s creating electronic circuits, making a robot, crafting with a 3-D pen, or mixing up a beat for a song.
Members of the media are invited to join honored speakers, Makerspace donors, community leaders, KCLS staff, and area residents to celebrate this landmark occasion and test their own STEAM skills.
Following the ribbon-cutting ceremony, the public is invited inside to explore the Bellevue Library ideaX Makerspace and enjoy refreshments generously provided by the Friends of the Bellevue Library.
Makerspace demos include:
- Mixed reality with the Microsoft HoloLens
- 3D Printing
- Digitize Your History
- Sewing Machine Display
- Laser Cutter
- Digital Music Creation
Makerspace activities include:
- Virtual Reality with Bellevue College VR
- Raspberry Pi Photo booth
- Using the Cricut for Quilting
- 3D Art Creation with 3Doodler Start Pens
- Making Music with Makey Makey and Little Bits Synth Kits
- Electronics Exploration with Squishy Circuits and Snap Circuits
- Robot Zone with Ozobots and Cubelets
- Coloring Table
Interested locals can visit the Bellevue Library ideaX Makerspace webpage on KCLS.org for additional information.