A shed fire spread into a nearby house soon before firefighters extinguished the flames, nobody was injured in the incident.
Firefighters with Eastside Fire & Rescue and mutual aid units from Redmond and Bellevue Fire Departments responded to a report of a shed on fire with smoke and flames visible at the 23200 Block of SE 27th St. in the city of Sammamish on Sept. 4, at approximately 1:44 p.m.
Nearby neighbors called the 911 dispatch center reporting smoke and flames coming from the five- by 10-feet shed.
The shed was fully engulfed, spreading the fire to the fence and extending to the house. Firefighters worked to extinguish the exterior portion of the fire before entering the house. The fire extended to the attic area and to the second story.
Crews worked diligently with salvage operations to cover furniture and remove valuables from the structure. No occupants were home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.