The hunt is on for a new school board member.
The district has 90 days to replace the position left vacant by former board member Mike Winkler.
Winkler officially resigned at the Sept. 11 School Board meeting.
The position open is the District 4, which covers much of the downtown Issaquah area, the Issaquah Highlands, Preston, Mirrormont, Tiger Mountain and the southeast corner of the school district.
The new appointee would serve until the end of Winkler’s elected term, November 2009.
Any applicants must live in the district area, and must verify the address with district officials.
Applications must be submitted by 4 p.m. Oct. 13 and must include:
• A statement with the date of when you verified your residency within the district on the official map at the Administration building.
• Three short letters of reference, other than from board members or from administrators from within the Issaquah School District.
• A 750-word explanation of why you want to serve on the school board and how your experience, training and interest can contribute to effective district governance.
• A biographical statement (not more than two pages) including education, training, interests, experience on boards – particularly policy boards, and community and or school activities.
• Brief responses to the nine questions requested by the board. These questions, which can be found on the district’s Web site at www.issaquah.wednet.edu, include questions on the role of the board, graduation requirements, experience, policy governance and community outreach.
Applications can but submitted by mail to: ISD Board Vacancy, 565 N.W. Holly St., Issaquah, WA 98027, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact Lorraine Morton at (425) 837-7002.
Kyra Low can be reached at email@example.com or 391-0363, ext. 5052.