Current city and county managers from Lake Forest Park, Yakima, and San Juan and Thurston counties are among the five finalists for Issaquah’s vacant City Administrator position.
Joining the list of well qualified Washington locals is the current City Manager of Wyoming, Ohio.
Issaquah Mayor Ava Frisinger announced the five finalists today, ahead of a community meeting at 5 p.m., Tuesday, at Tibbett’s Creek Manor, where residents will have the chance to question the candidates.
• Current position: City Administrator, City of Lake Forest Park
• Most recent previous position: Interim City Manager, City of Burien
• Education includes: BA in Public Policy from Stanford University
• Current position: Assistant City Manager, City of Yakima
• Most recent previous position: Director of Public Works, City of Bothell
• Education includes: MPA in Public Administration from the University of Washington
• Current position: County Manager/Chief Administrative Officer, Thurston County
• Most recent previous position: Development Services Director, Thurston County
• Education includes: Masters in Public Administration from Northern Arizona University
• Current position: County Administrator, San Juan County
• Most recent previous position: City Manager, City of Woodinville
• Education includes: MA in Government from California State University, Sacramento
• Current positions: City Manager, City of Wyoming; Adjunct Faculty, Northern Kentucky University
• Most recent previous position: City Administrator/Clerk/Treasurer, City of Mosinee
• Education includes: MPA in Public Administration from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Following Tuesday’s community meeting, interviews with two panels, including selected community members and staff, will take place on Sept. 8. Frisinger will ultimately make the final recommendation, which must also be confirmed by the City Council.
Leon Kos, who served as Issaquah’s City Administrator for 33 years, retired earlier this year.