Central Washington University in Sammamish is offering a new introduction to government civics course for residents.
Learn with Sammamish Councilmember Ramiro Valderrama Aramayo as he helps residents explore:
• Local government political systems and processes
• How to interact with City Hall, commissions and the school board
• Upcoming local tax issues and school bonds and levy
• How to effectively use your voice and participate (including the initiative process)
• How to become involved — a call to action to join commissions with vacancies, and volunteer
Aramayo said based on the interests of each class, CWU will determine subsequent classes on issues such as transportation, the Growth Management Act, urban forestry management, etc. Future classes will also include speakers who are elected officials or who serve on boards.
The course will run from 7-9 p.m. Jan. 31 at CWU, 120 228th Ave. NE, Sammamish. Cost is $35. To register, visit www.campusce.net/cwu/Course/Course.aspx?c=144. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/events/209211006316063.