WHEN: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday; 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday
WHERE: Washington State Convention & Trade Center.
ADMISSION: $15 per person covers all access for one or both days.
• Attendees who bring three or more books or textbooks to Green Festival receive $5 off admission through Better World Books.
• Bike riders with a ticket from the Green Festival Bike Valet (which is free, hosted by Bike Works) get $5 off admission.
• Bus riders with a transfer ticket or bus pass get $5 off admission.
• Students with ID and seniors ages 62 or older get $5 off admission.
• Union members get $5 off.
• People who get in free include: kids under 12, Co-op America and Global Exchange members and volunteers.
• At the “swap-o-rama-rama,” from 12 to 4 p.m. both days outside room 401 (near the tea garden) Green Fest-goers can bring any size bag of unwanted clothing to swap and exchange to create new styles and help others reuse clothes they don’t love anymore.
• Electronics recycling: Attendees can bring old batteries, compact discs, cellphones and handheld electronics to the event for recycling and reuse. Look for “e-waste” bins near the registration area.
• For more information, visit www.greenfestivals.org, or call 1-800-58-GREEN.
• Shirey’s Web site is at www.shireycontracting.com and more information on the Zero Energy Idea House at Bass Cove is at www.zeroenergyideahouse.com.