Hydroplanes, hot rods and hogs will converge next weekend at the Tastin’ n Racin’ festival at Lake Sammamish State Park.
An estimated 45,450 people attended the 2007 event, up from an estimated 27,000 people in 1997.
Here’s an early look at what the festivities will include:
• Hydryoplane displays and races; for the first time, unlimited hydroplanes such as Miss Bardhal, Miss Thriftway and Miss Red Dot will run on the lake. Jet ski races will run from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, and hydros and flatbottoms will race from noon to 6 p.m. An awards ceremony will be at 6 p.m. Sunday. Check the Web site for a full schedule.
• Motorcycle Pledge Ride Saturday benefitting the Max Foundation, which helps people worldwide with leukemia.
• Live music, including “Voo Doo Highway,” a classic rock and roll group; “Petty Theft,” a Tom Petty tribute; Union Jack, a Rolling Stones tribute; “Chrome Molly,” an AC/DC tribute; “Idol Eyes,” which plays pop and Top 40; and others.
• Arts and crafts booths featuring Northwest artisans.
• Food vendors and beer garden.
• Family fun area with inflatable children’s rides, face painting, pony rides and more.
• “Hot boat and bike show” Saturday.
• Custom car and hot rod show Sunday.
• SeaFair Pirates on Sunday.
• Pit passes are available for $5, or free for children under 10. Passes allow visitors to meet the drivers, get autographs, tour the pits, see the boats up close and also offers preferred viewing for the races.
If you go
Hours: Happy hour from 3 to 8 p.m. Friday, June 6 (free admission for happy hour); 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, June 7; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, June 8.
Where: Lake Sammamish State Park, 2000 N.W. Sammamish Road, Issaquah
Admission: $10 for general admission; ages 6-19 and seniors 65 or older, $5; ages 5 and under free
For more information, visit www.tastinracin.com.