Underage man caught drunk, speeding and driving without a license in Sammamish | Police blotter

An 18-year-old Bellevue man was arrested for DUI in the early hours of Dec. 31 after police pulled him over for going 77 mph on East Lake Sammamish Parkway — a 35 mph zone.

The following information was compiled from City of Sammamish Police reports:

An 18-year-old Bellevue man was arrested for DUI in the early hours of Dec. 31 after police pulled him over for going 77 mph on East Lake Sammamish Parkway — a 35 mph zone.

The man, who was borrowing his sister’s roommate’s vehicle and didn’t have a license, said he was driving his 17-year-old girlfriend back to her home in Sammamish.

The driver blew a .103 and admitted to consuming whipped cream flavored vodka and orange soda earlier. He said he was going so fast on the road because moments earlier was told “it’s just the lake road, there are no cops out here.”

The man faces charges of a minor operating a motor vehicle after consuming alcohol, speeding infractions, no insurance and no valid license.


A broken taillight resulted in much larger problems for a 30-year-old Sammamish man Dec. 31.

The man, who was driving on Issaquah-Pine Lake Road, was pulled over after an officer following him noticed the rear left brake light didn’t work.

When police pulled the man over they found roughly $1,000 in prescription pills, including Oxycotin, Lorazepam and Clonazepam. They also discovered a pipe containing methamphetamine residue and $993 in cash.


A Spokane woman called Sammamish police Jan. 4 to report tenants from the home she was renting reportedly took several items with them when they moved out.

Among the missing items from the home in the 1300 block of 220th Place Northeast was a 20-foot ladder, a yard hose, a utility cabinet, two garage door openers and three toilet paper holders.


A Sammamish woman called police Jan. 5 to report her home had been egged for the second time in less than a month.

The woman, who is a teacher at a local school, didn’t call police the first time because she figured it was just kids being mischievous. She now suspects it might be students specifically targeting her.


A Sammamish woman called police Dec. 26 to report the theft of several gift cards and money from under her tree.

The woman said she left her apartment to go for a walk shortly after 1 p.m. She didn’t lock her door and when she returned less than 20 minutes later she saw the door ajar. Gift cards to Burger King, Wal-Mart, Starbucks and a movie theater were taken, along with $50 cash.


Three teenagers visiting Sammamish on Jan. 6 reported someone broke into their car in the 23000 block of Southeast 45th Court and stole nearly $2,000 in items.

The three females, two from Bellevue and one from Renton, had multiple items taken including a purse and wallet valued at $1,000. Thieves also made off with a Nintendo DS, detachable stereo face and other purses and wallets.


A Sammamish man called police Jan. 2 to report that his row boat was missing.

The man, who lives on East Lake Sammamish Place Southeast, said there had recently been a large wind storm. The next day he went out to check on everything and discovered his boat was gone. He doesn’t believe anyone stole it, but that it simply blew away and probably washed up on shore somewhere.


Police discovered three suspicious males pulled over near the intersection of Southeast 8th Street and 218th Avenue Southeast.

When the officer questioned the three Skyline High School students what they were doing, he detected a distinct odor of marijuana.

Because they were all under 21, the officer confiscated their glass pipe and 4.8 grams of marijuana. He also advised the driver to call his mother because he was obviously under the influence and not in condition to drive.


A teacher at Eastside Catholic High School called police Jan. 5 after her iPhone 5 and driver’s license was stolen during a basketball game at the school.

The woman used an app to locate her phone, which turned up at an address in Des Moines. It appeared someone on the opposing team took the phone. The woman’s husband, a Bellevue police officer, had already contacted the phone company and local police agency in an attempt to obtain a warrant to retrieve the phone.