With the hot real estate market in Issaquah, many seniors are seizing the opportunity to sell the family home and downsize to a retirement space. But what kind of retirement space is right for you?
“Many people assume that independent living is too expensive, but when you add up all of the services included in your rent there’s considerable value. It’s often well within your current monthly budget,” says Jennifer Graham, Sales Director at Revel Issaquah.
Comparing retirement living options:
- 55+ apartments: Monthly prices are usually cheaper than other retirement options, but services are limited and amenities are typically similar to non-age-restricted apartment homes.
- Independent living communities: For more services including dining, housekeeping, fitness and social classes choose independent living. “Not all independent living communities are the same, and some offer more services than others. That’s why it’s important to book a tour before you move in!” Graham says.
- Assisted living communities: For those who need medical or home care assistance on a daily basis, assisted living is a great choice. Monthly costs are significantly higher and some communities require large, non-refundable upfront payments.
More than rent: What’s included at Revel Issaquah
- Flexible dining: Made-from-scratch dining when and where you want to eat: in your home, in one of Revel’s restaurants or in the outdoor dining area. Dining points are included in monthly rent at Revel.
- 24-hour concierge: Need help booking travel or making dinner reservations? Want someone to guide you through a new app on your phone? Revel Issaquah has trusted staff ready to serve you day and night.
- Fitness studio: Take part in a complimentary class customized to your age and abilities, or drop into the gym on your own time, without paying extra for top-notch instructors.
- Creative studio: Spread out in the creative art studio to work on your own, host a class to share your talents with your neighbors, or take part in Revel’s programming.
- Indoor pool: Take a dip in the heated saltwater pool and spa — no gym membership required.
- Theater: No need to buy movie tickets or go to the sports bar when there’s a big screen and comfy chairs in Revel’s theater.
- Housekeeping: Complimentary weekly housekeeping, so you have more time and energy for the things you enjoy most.
- Dry cleaning and laundry: Not only are your clothes and linens taken care of, you also don’t have to worry about buying and maintaining a washer and dryer, since they’re included in every apartment.
- Transportation: Group and private transportation services mean trips to medical appointments and outings to local shops and restaurants are included in your rent.
- Guest suites: Visiting family don’t have to book a hotel room or vacation rental — welcome them to an on-site guest suite for an affordable nightly fee, with access to all of Revel’s fantastic amenities.
- Utilities: No need to worry about separate payments for internet, cable or electricity. All utilities are included in monthly rent.